A hotel management is a discipline incorporated with handling all the business functionalities for the efficient working and maintaining standards of a hotel or restaurant. It is a service which serves the needs of its clients. The demand for hoteliers has been increasing exponentially each day as new star hotels commence, which are in need of responsible managers for the efficient and profitable working of a business.
The skills needed for a hotel management are
- Adapt new challenges
- Strong knowledge on finance, planning and service.
- Strong attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- Able to maintain a standard of excellence
- Good communication
Catering and Hotel Management
Hotel and catering management course is a pack of subjects required to learn to run a hotel smoothly. Hotel and catering mangers has to supervise the employers and enriching the services that clients or guests expect. In the comprehensive course the areas you get to focus are
- Food science
- Food production and service
- Event planning
- Food and beverage management
- Hospitality marketing and advertising
- Human resources management
- Information systems
The students who are involved in the respective training have to execute the varied range of functionalities for their expertise and industry exposure. The possibilities of career opportunities for Hotel and catering management are not just limited to our country but also in abroad.
The. Salary structure depends on expertise and designation. There were ample of opportunities not just working Career in hotels and restaurants and lodging services, but hotel managers are also into sectors
- Restaurant management
- Club management
- Recreation and health centre catering
- Hospital average entry level salary of a Hotel Management graduate can be around Rs.10,000 to Rs.20,000 per month in India administration and catering
- Manufacturers and suppliers of hotel and restaurant equipment and services
- Hotel and catering institutes
- Cruise ship hotel management
- Hotel and tourism associations
- Fast food joint management
- Catering departments in banks and insurance houses
- Railway, armed forces, ministerial conventions, etc.
- Institutional and industrial catering
- Airline catering and cabin services